Our 2019 Leadership Seminar will be held June 5th-9th on the campus of the Dakota State University in Madison, SD.
The major duties of the Facilitator role are as follows:
- — Assist in Seminar preparations; including calling ambassadors pre-seminar, coordinating with other staff, and attending seminar training sessions which may be online or over the phone.
- — Guide a group of 10-12 high school sophomores and a Junior Facilitator through the HOBY leadership seminar.
- — Facilitate discussions and reflection activities in collaboration with Junior Facilitator.
- — Ensure adherence to all risk management guidelines of all participants, volunteers, and self.
- — Participate in daily staff meetings to share best practices and troubleshoot any difficult issues.
- — Mentor young volunteers in developing additional leadership skills.
Volunteer Facilitators must (at minimum):
— Be available for the entire duration of the leadership seminar from 5pm on Wednesday, June 5th to 5pm on Sunday, June 9th, staying overnight on campus.
— Be able to participate in long days (typically 7am-11pm) with minimal breaks.
— Be welcoming to many diverse individuals and beliefs.
— Be a positive role model for youth participants and other volunteers.
— Pass a criminal background check (contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions).
— Lead by example and actively participate in various cheers and activities.
— Be comfortable wearing matching t-shirts, sleeping in a dorm room, eating college food, giggle/snorting at midnight with other facilitators/staff, and making a tremendous impact on young people.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Alyssa Day, Co-Director of Ambassador Staff – email@example.com
Josey Fog, Co-Director of Ambassador Staff – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jon Miller, Leadership Seminar Chairperson – email@example.com