Community Leadership Education Workshops (CLeWs) are 1-day programs that spread HOBY’s purpose to a larger audience of youth and provide publicity for sites throughout the year. The CLeW Director sits on the board and oversees all CLeWs within a site.
The CLeW Director’s Responsibilities Include:
- Formation of CLeW program goals and objectives for board approval.
- Cultivation of a relationship with local service and cooperating organizations to partner in accomplishing the CLeW goals.
- Implementation of planning to involve HOBY alumni or Ambassadors in development of CLeWs.
- Appointment of CLeW Chairpersons to conduct each of the CLeWs planned for the year.
- Preparation of a budget for board approval.
- Formulation of plans for fundraising and gift-in-kind needs for board review.
- Preparation of the CLeW program format that complies with HOBY International requirements.
- Information updates to the board (at least quarterly) relative to CLeW program implementation and progress (CLeW plans, events completed, events scheduled including number of students and schools involved).
- Liaison work between the Leadership Seminar Committee, CLeW Committee, and Alumni Committee for coordination of projects.
- Submission of year-end financial statement to the board.
- Recommendation of successors for the CLeW Director’s position.
Minimum Knowledge, Experience, & Skills Required:
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Knowledge of Social Media (ie: Facebook and Twitter)
- Team player — willing to help out where needed
- Individual should be professional, detail oriented and able to multitask
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Preferred to be 21
- 1 Year Commitment
To apply for this job please visit hobysd.org.